Thursday, April 3, 2014

$8.00 Coral and Gold Gallery Wall...

When I am thrift store shopping  I always check out the frames to see if there are any that stand out.  They can get expensive and really add up at regular stores, so it's nice to find some cheap.  I like to look for ones that are unique, chunky, easily paintable and good quality.  I had a bunch of frames laying around that I had been collecting for our living room, but decided they were better used for my daughter's room.  I used free art and frames from Goodwill making this entire project less than $8.00.
I used gold leaf rub n' buff on the gold frames and the other frames got a few coats of coral paint.
Once everything was all dry, I laid them out on the floor and played around with them until I found an arrangement that I liked.
I reused the "P" that was in her room and just recovered it in the same polka dot paper that I used on her jewelry box makeover. 
When Sarah from Sarah M Dorsey Designs shared her free "Love" printable I knew it would be the perfect addition to the gallery wall.  If you want the free printable you can find it here.
For the other frames I used pieces of fabric and of course Paige's turtle artwork that won her first place in the art contest at school.



The room is starting to come together, but that wall behind her bed is just screaming for an update.  I'm hoping to take care of that this weekend and share it with you next week. 

***Linking up to The Shabby Nest plus all these other wonderful Link Parties ***

11 comments:

  1. We're frame twins! I have that exact same gold frame (and print of a candle/book) in my stash as you have in the first picture. I love that you incorporated some of her art in her room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, you should do something with your frame! I liked that it had a unique shape to it and it worked perfect without any glass.

      Delete
  2. I love the way you arranged the gallery on the wall and the nice touches of coral!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gallery wall looks beautiful. Love the colar touch and most of all the price tag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really try hard to be thrifty with projects, so I love when they turn out with minimal money spent.

      Delete
  4. I love it! Especially the geometric frame! Great collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gallery wall! It's wonderful that you don't have to spend a fortune to create something so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these frames! Too cute!! I also can't stop looking at your accent wall! I want to make one now!

    Emily @ elizabethjoandesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! If you lived closer I would totally come over and do it with you :)

      Delete