Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easy tissue paper flowers

I've always loved the look of the tissue paper pom poms and flowers, but never got around to making them for my daughter's room when she was a baby.  Now that I'm knee deep in a room makeover for my six year old I really wanted to incorporate these flowers somewhere.  There are a ton of tutorials online and just as many different ways to make these flowers.  I ended up making a few different sizes and types of flowers and love how they turned out.


I started by cutting 6 pieces of tissue paper the same size.  (I didn't measure, just eye balled)
 Fold accordion style
Tie in center
 Trim edges of flower petals.
 Separate each piece of tissue paper and form in the shape of a flower.  If you want a ball, pull pieces towards the front and back.

I ended up doing a few different types of flowers.  I made large and small flowers, two tone flowers and flowers with scrapbook paper in the center.   I experimented with the scrapbook paper and actually like them better than the all tissue paper flowers.  Once I had the flower shaped I cut the strips of paper in half again.




My daughter liked them better in her hair than on the garland!

I'll be back on Friday to share the finished garland with the flowers.

3 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I keep meaning to make some of those too but even though they are so easy, I never seem to get to it.
    I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for a Liebster award...you can see it here: http://createdwithlove-elizabeth.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html#.U0bteVgo7IU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I am incredibly honored that you thought to me!

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful! I love the centers on them!

    ReplyDelete