Wednesday, July 2, 2014

DIY Herringbone Box and Blog Crashing

Hey, friends!  I have some exciting news, today I'm crashing Erin and Emily's blog, Elizabeth Joan Designs!   I "met" Erin and Emily a few months ago and just recently they reached out and asked if I would guest post on their blog.  After I picked myself up off the floor, I got to work thinking of the perfect project.  Since I love using a saw and building things, I thought what better project to share than a cute little storage box.  As I was building the box it evolved from just a plain basic box, to one with rope handles, decorative nails and a herringbone pattern made from wood shims.



To see the full tutorial, head over to Elizabeth Joan Designs.


Make sure to check out their projects page to see what Erin and Emily have been up to.



A huge "THANK YOU" to Erin and Emily for allowing me to share a project with their wonderful readers.  If you're visiting from their blog, welcome and thank you for taking the time to stop by.  To see more DIY projects, you can check out my projects page.  

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome, and functional box! I want one! I have so many projects that I want to try since getting my saw. This looks like a fun one to include. Thanks so much for sharing the plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris! I know how you feel, I LOVE using my saw and have so many projects that I want to do! I'm so glad you liked the box and I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! I'm totally into the herringbone pattern right now, especially in weathered wood. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! I'm loving herringbone too!

      Delete